The city’s medical provider is Optima Health and effective January 1, 2023, eligible employees and pre-65 retirees can choose from three medical plans:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with an optional Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Point of Service (POS) Plan
The HDHP is a plan that also offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. The money you or the city contributes to an HSA earns interest for you tax-free and you can withdraw money tax-free for qualified medical expenses. If you do not need to withdraw funds for health care costs, the money continues to earn interest, grow and stay with you. Find more information about the HDHP and HSA.
The HMO plan allows members to choose their primary care physician (PCP) to guide and coordinate care without requiring a referral to visit a specialist. View more information on the benefits and coverage of our HMO plan:
The POS plan gives employees more freedom and flexibility when selecting providers, offering in network and out of network benefits options.
OptumRX: If you are looking for a convenient and cost-effective way to order up to a 90-day supply of maintenance or long-term medication for delivery to your home, office or location of your choosing, view more information on OptumRx (PDF).
Adding a Spouse to the Plan
Visit Optima Health to learn more about the health care providers and services. You can get answers to frequently asked questions regarding health insurance and learn more about what the Optima Health Website can offer you. If you are adding your spouse for the first time, please submit the Spouse Health Eligibility Employee or Retiree Form (PDF).
Other Plans & Programs
View links to helpful information about programs, plans, and services:
- Flu Vaccine: To help with the influenza ("flu") season, Optima Health has beneficial information on the flu vaccine (PDF) and the locations to receive a flu shot.
- Hearing Aids: If you are enrolled in an Optima plan, then you also have access to hearing aid discounts through EPIC. For more information, please view the EPIC Hearing Service Plan (HSP) (PDF).
- If you plan on traveling soon, see what Optima offers for Emergency Travel Assistance (PDF).
- MDLive: MDLive (PDF) offers 24/7/365 on-demand access to a national network of board-certified doctors and pediatricians that can diagnose, recommend treatment, and prescribe medication.
- Mobile App: To keep up to date with the innovative world we live in, Optima Health also offers a mobile app (PDF) that can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play for use on an iPhone or Android.
- My Life My Plan: One of the programs offered by Optima Health is My Life My Plan (PDF).
- Treatment Cost Calculator: If you are planning on having medical services and wish to get an estimate on the cost of the treatment or procedure, then utilize the Treatment Cost Calculator (PDF) for more information.
Optima Machine Readable Data
Optima Health Plan Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed- amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.